Student Life at Pearlbay
At Pearlbay Institute, we believe that the welfare of each of our students is highly important. We understand that studying can be a stressful time and so we are here to help you make the most out of your studies with us. As a Pearlbay student, you will be able to take advantage of a variety of different kinds of support during your time with us. The information below describes some of the services we can offer our students.
In addition to your classes led by industry professionals, you also have the opportunity to book 1-2-1 sessions with our instructors. Whether you ask for advice on your assignment, feedback on a track or some general guidance about a topic you are particularly interested in, you can tailor your 1-2-1 session to your needs and interests. In addition, you also have access to an abundance of information via the Pearlbay Learning Environment (PLE). From important course information to support with academic writing, and from information on music theory to advice on networking, these resources include all the information essential for your time studying with us.
Pearlbay Wellbeing Team led by Dr Gayan Jinadasa are here to help if you are struggling with student life due to personal, emotional or mental health issues. They can provide help and guidance with, for example, finding support services external to the school or, if appropriate, how to pause your studies.
Students with Disabilities and Long-Term Conditions
Pearlbay Wellbeing Team can also help students with disabilities or long-term conditions with matters such as applying for adjustments to learning. All our students have the right to learn without any obstructions, therefore we aim to ensure that the appropriate adjustments are put in place to support you should this be required.
We can provide support for students with:
- Specific learning difficulties
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Mobility impairments
- Sensory impairments
- Long term health conditions
- Long term mental health conditions
To notify us about any disability or long-term condition you might have, please fill out your student details form.
Student Mental Health
We understand that there can be many different pressures that can affect you whilst studying, therefore it is extremely important that students feel supported during their studies at Pearlbay Institute. If you feel stressed, lonely or are dealing with more long-term issues, please get in touch with our Wellbeing Team. They will contact you to determine how they can help you during your studies with us.
Additionally, we run following student support services and activities
- Free Academic Writing and Speaking English Classes for Pearlbay Institute Students. All students are invited* (Tamil and Sinhala language courses are also available depending on students demand)*
- Team building camping/recording experience trip (upon successful completion of the chosen course- All Students are invited*) with “Pearl Bay Riverston” at concessionary rates.
- Free Career advice Service- By appointments*
- Free Life Support and health and safety Courses*
- Free Health Advisory Service*
- Complimentary/Concessionary seminars by local and international industry experts – Subject to availability, fair usage and prior booking. Further Terms and conditions apply!
Be a Champion – Participate in Pearlbay’s “Educate a Child in Sri Lanka Projects” (EaCiSL)and be a Pearlbay Champion. Every time you spend 100 rupee at Pearlbay, minimum 1 Rupee goes to Pearlbay “EaCiSL”, so you are already helping our charity projects.